The Museum of Tomorrow is a different kind of science Museum. A space conceived through the values of sustainability and conviviality that explores the ever-changing times we’re witnessing and the possible paths we may take during the next 50 years.
Praça Mauá, 1 - Centro. Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Zip Code: 20081-262
Try to avoid going by car; the museum doesn’t have a parking lot.
The nearest subway station is Uruguaiana.
- The Museum of Tomorrow is open from Tuesdays to Sundays, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; the box office closes at 5 p.m.;
- The coffee shop and the museum souvenir shop are open from Tuesdays to Sundays, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.;
- The museum and its facilities are closed on Mondays.
- Online sales: click here.
- Full price: R$ 10.00;
- Half price: R$ 5.00;
- The museum offers free admission on Tuesdays;
- Unified Museum Ticket (Museum of Tomorrow + MAR*):
R$ 16 (full price) and R$ 8 (half price).
- Payment options: cash and debit/credit card.
*The MAR (Rio’s Art Museum) offers free admission every last Sunday of the month.
Half price tickets
- People up to 21 years old;
- Private school students;
- Public and private university students;
- Person with disability;
- Public servants of the city of Rio de Janeiro;
- Residents or natives of the city of Rio de Janeiro;
- Santander card.
- Public elementary or high school students;
- Public school or university teachers;
- Children up to 5 years old or senior citizens in their 60s or over;
- Museum employees or ICOM associates who present their annual fee stamp;
- Touristic guides;
- Members of Tomorrow’s Neighbours Program.
The museum provides tactile floors and dioramas, ramps, wheelchairs, elevators, baby changers, adapted bathrooms, and universal signs.